Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I would have never thought...

today was by far one the most enlightening day's I've had for a while.
I learned a lot about myself and was amazed at when I push myself I can pretty much accomplish whatever I set out to do. I think this is coming at a great time, right before graduation... Learning I can push myself to do anything I want. No matter what. So, we are in the great smokies... it's breath taking... in more ways then one. The sights are beautiful. I can sit on our porch in the rockers for house just taking in all of nature. The air is thin, but the breathless hikes to do things are well worth it! :)
Today we went to a jump off... I stood there and waited for about twenty minutes trying to brace myself for "the jump" which turned out to be, 25 feet before I hit the water... As I stood there, amazed at all the fearless little kids coming and going like, it was nothing... This one little girl stood there and was like, " you need to go!" she had the most southern accent I've ever heard! I looked at her, almost feeling the need to pass out and said, well I promise I will go after you. She looked at me and said I've been 2 times since you've been standing here. I promised her again and she jumped... on her way down she shouted you promised!!!! I allowed her mother to go, and then, I did it. I LOVED it!! There is nothing like free falling for 25 ft and then hitting water... ICE COLD WATER. But I did it once and then we headed off to Chimneys, where my real adventure began.
Marg, Bay, Dee, Kles, and I wanted to embark on an adventure... We step in the water, which was so cold but amazing, we wanted to cross the "creek" so we set out to do just that. We climbed rocks, walked in the water, watching our every step... You see, normally, I would not do something like this. I would have never climbed these rocks because of wondering what people might think, or worried about me being so out of shape and not making it... However, I put those fears aside, and I am ever so glad I did! It was so worth it. I realized as I was climbing, that I can do whatever I set out, no matter what, I purposefully set "goals" to do while climbing and walking. I met everyone of those, and I was so excited that I did!!!! I did fall once, oh man it was so funny. My family only saw me go down and thought I might have hit my head or smashed my face... I came up laughing so hard I almost fell again... The people around me stood there in, well, pure confusion... I quickly got back on to accomplishing my goals... For me, this fall was saying as many times as I fall flat on my face, it doesn't have to stop me from completing my goals... It only made me want to strive to accomplish this goals even more.
So today, I learned a lot about me, no longer am I going to let me hold me back for some "reason." I was so liberated, and excited. I got home and realized I have a goose egg on my knee and it is rather swollen, and my right leg has marks all the way down them. But, when I look at those marks, I realize these markings helped me to get to where I wanted to go, and my goals were well accomplished, and I couldn't be more proud of me today... For the first time, I put my fears aside, and accomplished something I would have never thought I would have in a million years.

No comments: